POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray : Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray Server Time
9 Aug 2024 23:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Poster for local arts org done with POV-Ray
From: dlm
Date: 22 Nov 2004 00:22:58
Message: <41a177b2$1@news.povray.org>
Bill,

Nice concept.

A visual issue: The frames around the photos have a transparent inner
framing. This makes the rays look like they're intruding into the photos
of - e.g. the violinist.

I would have just done the rays in POV and built the collage in PSP, GIMP or
even Powerpoint.

The shadows of the pics on the rays add very little to it. If you want
pictures floating in space, you probably want them to look like it with a
suggestion of greater distance between the ray plane and the pics, which in
any event never shadow one another or show reflections. Also the globe
backdrop would want lighting consistent with the rays.

DLM